|Air Governor Test
1. Start Engine and build air to max.
2. Fan brake to about 85 psi. Compressor should come on.
Static Brake Test
1. Level location, or block all wheels. Transmission in neutral.
2. Turn engine off and release parking brake. Keep foot off service
brake. Air loss should not exceed 2psi in one minute.
Applied Brake Test
1. MAKE FULL Foot Brake Application. (Make SURE
park brake is released or you will damage the system
2. Hold the pedal all the way to the bottom for one minute. Air loss
less than 3psi in one minute. (AUTO SLACK ADJUSTERS WILL SET UP
Low Air Warning Device
1. Turn on key. DO NOT START ENGINE. Fan brakes.
LOW AIR WARNING buzzer should start at 60psi
Emergency Brake System Test
1. Turn off ignition key Fan Brakes to below 45psi, emergency brake
must engage automatically.
2. Start the engine and try to move the coach slowly
against the emergency brake with low air pressure. Place
the transmission in neutral after test.
1. Run engine at 1000rpm in 3 minutes air pressure 50 to 90 psi
Emergency Brake Test
1. Build up air until it cuts out. Put coach in gear. Release the
2. Move the coach slow and
apply the emergency (parking) brake.
Check Service Brake
1. Release Parking Brake.
2. Set coach on motion and apply service (foot) brake firmly to see if the
steering wheel pulls to the left or right.